Monday 9 February 2015

Akumakon 2015 + City Trip

Super late post on this, I know. It's been like.. weeks since this convention and I didn't even bother to update to you guys at any stage about this- but since this blog is new then, I still think it could be okay as it'll fill up my archive ( whaddya say eh? ) I'm a loner so I don't really have anyone to tell lolol ANYWAYANYWAYANYWAY, I'll tell you my day at Akumakon!




So I was at Akumakon on the second day of the convention which was Saturday and it was my second time being at the convention! It's my third anime/comic/cosplay convention ever so I wasn't really too major happy about it. My first con I went to was Dublin Comic Con in 2013 and I closet cosplayed Kiku Honda from APH and oh gosh.. It was embarrassing. Also, the reason why I go to these conventions is because I feel more proud and confident being there whereas when I'm at school, there aren't many people that share the same interest with me which makes me feel lonely. I'm not that kind of a person who goes outside so often, so these events make me go outside really xD. Even if I can't make friends at cons, the real matter of being there for me is resulting in being happy. 


 

When I went inside NUIG, I saw this huge pile of plushies and stuff, the sad thing was they were pretty expensive. From what I've seen online in other conventions around the world ( esp Philippines ) the stuff they sell are cheap! The plushies there were like a tenner. I didn't really want to buy them anyway since they didn't look authentic to me, especally the alpacassos. ( The small ones were a tenner. ;_; ) No offence to the sellers, just saying~ The other items though like their dakimakura pillow covers and bell necklaces looked pretty cool.


Then I saw these adorable Eren and Levi cosplayers and asked for a photo, they looked amazing~ When I took the photo, I realized I saw an Attack on Titan poster at the stall behind the two cosplayers so I bought it, it was for a fiver. I really had to get it even though my bedroom walls were covered with my drawings and posters of my fandoms. Then I saw their beautiful t-shirts and keychains and art books, holy jesus it was heaven for me right there at that spot.


 

I walked around some stalls after, and saw these amazing figurines ( Sheryl Nome and Haruhi Suzumiya ) They were gorgeous but so expensive. Hopefully I can get a figurine of my own sooner in my life. Then I saw this Mio Akiyama 5th Anniversary figure and oh my tortilla, this figure actually made me want to start collecting figures because first of all she's my all time favourite female anime character, and second she looked so beautiful on that wooden table she was standing on- waiting for a desperate owner to stare at her; drooling in awe whilst holding their wallet.



She may not be anything to you but Lord am I dying, and also the Super Sonico at the back was very pretty too, I just couldn't take a picture because she was too far back behind other figures, and my parents would question my sexuality while taking a picture of an explicit figurine.



Then I saw these dolls after another round of walking around the place ( it was small so you were basically going in a circle ) My mom saw them too and pointed at the far right doll's boob and looked at me. I think she was mocking me for almost taking a pic of the Super Sonico figure. Thinking of looking at dolls, I really want a bjd.




These knock off(????) alpacassos. Ugh. Damn, you see those small ones at the front? They were a tenner. The back? Well I think they were about 50 quid bruh. I'm not being mean or sad about the seller, I'm just expressing myself on how desperate of a hormonal teenager I can be. ( if that sentence even made sense )


 

Then I went down to the food stuffs where the lovely Japanese people were hosting stalls at ( like trying on traditional Japanese clothing, origami, try Japanese food etc. ). I was going back to the stalls when I found this table full of origami birds, when I was about to finish taking a photo, this Japanese woman came up to me and asked if I wanted my name written in the language and I was like, " No, no I was just taking a photo, but thank you! " and she replied, " It's alright, it's free! " and I made the fastest 30 degree turn ever and agreed. She asked me what my name was and I replied with " Angel " and she wrote it down. From what I know, my name is Tenshi in Japanese. The weather and lighting outside was so nice and mild so I decided to take a photo of the paper!

  

Some Kuroshitsuji, DMMD, APH(???) cosplayers, so amazing ugh. I need to get back on cosplaying cuz' I need something to keep myself busy with. My plans are Hanji Zoe and Mako Mankanshoku.

 

Lilo And Stitch, HOTD, Puella Magi cosplayers~ so cool.
After some cosplay photography, I bought myself a Free! ensky charapuka box and got Makoto! It was €8 but it was worth it. Days after, I had a photoshoot with it~

 

Aswell as the figure, I got three badges for €2! After some shopping, I decided to text my parents to collect me as they were out in the city while I was in my heaven so we could eat and shop together. A few minutes later she arrived and told me some news. If you're Irish, you've have to had heard about the Rose of Tralee, cuz' if you haven't then IDK who cares?11!?1 But anyway, she told me that she took a photo with the latest Rose of Tralee and I immediately wanted to hit her with my poster.

So out of topic omg but you get it, don't you? (it's ok if you dont, you shouldnt ) So she walked me down to the shopping centre and holy crap I was so tired after 2 minutes of speed walking you don't even know omg, but I also took lovely pictures on the way!


 
 

After like 10 minutes of walking I wanted to cry because I was so tired ugh I'm so unhealthy but it's true
we reached the shopping centre and it had air conditioning and I felt so amazing 
Moving on
We went around from shop to shop like Art'n'Hobby, TKMAX, stuff like that and headed to Burger King. I ate alot. A LOT. 

So that's all for my post, it was a fantastic day, I met lots of lovely cosplayers and had great fun drooling over things I couldn't have. The convention was great as usual and hopefully for next year, I can go again~ Thanks for reading! Bye bye~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam